Properly Writing An Argumentative Essay Outline
You may know how to start your academic paper with a proper outline. But now, it is good to know that an outline is a vital part of every writing. If you can’t format the essay, there is a possibility that you will submit irrelevant reports, thus losing points.
Simple Tips for Composing an Excellent Argumentative Essay Outline
An argumentative essay should comprise of five crucial sections. Let’s now see what they should entail and who should perform the duty of providing these sections.
- Introduction – Here, the writer should introduce the topic and explain why he thinks that his essay matters.
- Research methodology – In this section, the writer explains the data collection process. The research methodology should identify the approach, objectives, and the purpose of the research.
- Body section – Here, the writer should present the main arguments from the thesis statement to the conclusion. They should back up the main argument with evidence. In the body section, you should:
- Prove the proposition with examples
- Support the case with scholarly sources
- Outline the disputes so that you can develop a final writing
- Link your ideas by engaging your readers
After writing the essay, it would be best if you assessed the quality of the paper and checked if you handled it in the recommended manner.
Important Take Away from This Post
A well-structured argumentative essay should contain a well-organized thesis statement, objective, and research methodology. If you want to be a pro in writing, it would be best if you make an outline.
Often, students fail to secure quality time for their writing since they have many assignments to complete. It helps a lot to have an outline when handling an essay. But now, how will you know that you have crafted a masterpiece when the final draft is shoddy? You can prove this by observing the outline of the essay. As such, you will be sure that you have provided a fantastic argumentative essay that meets your readers’ writing demands.
Now that you know the importance of an argumentative essay outline, what can you do to develop one? Here is a simple way of developing a strong one:
Choose a topic that you are passionate about. Remember, you don’t want to take the chance to submit a poorly formatted essay report as that is what you’ll get. Besides, it would be best if you narrow down the focus area to two relevant issues that you can both agree on.
Understand that your audience is mostly composed of other scholars who have similar educational requirements. As such, you shouldn’t be surprised if they search for relevant information to support their stand. It is a great idea to prepare your outline before you start editing the report.
You’ll now find that writing the essay is easier. All that is left is the guidance from your tutor. If you follow the above guide, you will write a winning essay. Good luck!